How do you input a box in Excel VBA?
The InputBox function prompts the users to enter values. After entering the values, if the user clicks the OK button or presses ENTER on the keyboard, the InputBox function will return the text in the text box. If the user clicks the Cancel button, the function will return an empty string (“”).
How do I add an input box to a macro in Excel?
For example, for an input box that can accept both text and numbers, set Type to 1 + 2. Use InputBox to display a simple dialog box so that you can enter information to be used in a macro. The dialog box has an OK button and a Cancel button.
What is application InputBox?
The VBA Application. InputBox provides a dialog for you to get a response from the user. You can specify the response type from the user. These include numbers, string, date and a range. If you want to get a single piece of text or value from the user you can use the InputBox.
How do I create a multiple input box in VBA?
To create a basic InputBox with the VBA Application. InputBox method, follow these steps:
- Create an input box with the Application. InputBox method (Application. InputBox(…)).
- Assign the value returned by the Application. InputBox method to a variable (InputBoxVariable = Application. InputBox(…)).
How do you create an input box in Excel?
Below are the steps to create a new entry using the Data Entry Form in Excel:
- Select any cell in the Excel Table.
- Click on the Form icon in the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Enter the data in the form fields.
- Hit the Enter key (or click the New button) to enter the record in the table and get a blank form for next record.
How do you input in Excel?
Enter text or a number in a cell
- On the worksheet, click a cell.
- Type the numbers or text that you want to enter, and then press ENTER or TAB. To enter data on a new line within a cell, enter a line break by pressing ALT+ENTER.